We have always been carrying the task of brushing once in the morning and once at night. Yet is that considered great brushing? Through this ritual task is that we get our first line of defense against bacteria that wear down our tooth enamel. For this reason, we have to understand why it is important to have a great brushing session and how we can maintain it in our daily lives, helping us keep those natural teeth for our lifetime!
Without further ado, we will be approaching the topic of brushing and how to maintain the habit. With a little help of Los Algodones dentists, we will tackle its benefits, how we can make it more engaging and fun, and what you can do to improve the technique you use when brushing.
Great benefits for great brushing! What do we get in return?
Keeping the habits of daily brushing steers us clear from problems in the long run. This also leads us to a healthy, strong smile!
- Our smile is as pretty and healthy as it can be. Taking care of our teeth means we get to keep them for a long, long time!
- We do not have to worry about our breath. Usually, foul breath is a side-effect of something else. Dentist in Los Algodones find that it stems from either poor oral health, a decayed tooth, or maybe even from a certain medication.
- No need to spend on dental treatments. Another great thing about keeping good oral habits is that we save money in the long run. If we take care of our teeth, we won’t need expensive treatments and procedures later on.
- It gives a good example to our children. For the parents out there, showing their children that brushing is important can be quite the task. By setting a solid example with brushing and flossing, we teach our young that they too should do the same.
Ways to make brushing more enjoyable and easy
Consider how your teeth will develop if you do not brush. By slacking and putting off our daily oral habits, we get closer to certain dental problems such as tooth sensitivity and tooth cavity. Even worse, we might end up losing our natural teeth. So we have come up with some tips and tricks to get you to remember the habit:
First, you can place your toothbrush and toothpaste close where you can see them. This will remind you to brush, and if you can do so more than twice a day, then that’s awesome!
Moreover, swapping to an electric toothbrush can make the task even more so easy. According to Healthline, an electric toothbrush are fun for kids to use, they can remove more plaque than a manual toothbrush, help people with limited movility, and overall help you focus on the task of actually brushing each and every single tooth!
If you are struggling to maintain the habit, set an alarm. Once in the morning before you get too busy, and once at night just before your bed time. By keeping these habits you will be starting to pick these up almost unconsciously, where you can’t close the day without first brushing your pearly whites.
How to achieve a great brushing session
The task of removing plaque and debris from our mouth is of utmost importance. So we can strive at it and get all the benefits from brushing, we must do the following:
- Brush at least twice a day. This ensures that plaque and bacteria have no chance of damaging our tooth enamel. We remove it during the morning and then at night so it never has enough time to wreck havoc or harden into tartar.
- Brush for 2 minutes. It is not only about the task of enduring brushing for 2 minutes. We must make sure to cover all our teeth in these 2 minutes! It also gives time for the toothpaste’s active components to be effective.
- Change your toothbrush regularly. There are many reasons why you might want to swap that old toothbrush. Some common reasons are they are older than 3 months old, they have frayed bristles, or that you have gone through a flu or disease recently.