Almost every problem has a solution and a full smile of imperfections is not the exception. Dental Veneers are a cosmetic dentistry resource created to improve esthetic problems of the smile in an immediate way.
Porcelain or composite resin are the materials used to create dental veneers, which consist of a thin shell that is attached to the front surface of the teeth to correct many cosmetic problems and provide an attractive natural look to the smile. Stained, uneven, chipped, worn down, misaligned or too spaced teeth are some of the imperfections or dental problems that veneers can improve.
Many people seek for veneers to have their dreamed smile; Beautiful, whitened, and attractive but without losing its natural look. In order to give this cosmetic dentistry treatment a better and more realistic look, veneers are individually created for each person according to the characteristics of their teeth.
Dental Veneers Advantages
Some advantages of the dental veneers and why this treatment has become so popular is because:
- This treatment is not as intrusive as braces or crowns are.
- Veneers are made from materials that are very similar to the appearance of teeth, providing natural looking results.
- Veneers may result more effective to correct esthetic teeth problems like fractures, chips, discoloration or stains.
- Many problems or imperfections can be corrected at once by just employing this single treatment.
- Gaps and small misalignments can also be corrected by this treatment.
- Keeping a good oral hygiene, which includes brushing and flossing your teeth every day, are the only requirements to maintain veneers, no additional treatments are necessary.
- The porcelain is a very resistant material to stains, so your new teeth will look as good as the first day even after drinking coffee, tea or smoking.
How much can this treatment cost?
The cost of dental veneers varies depending on many factors like the materials used, the type of porcelain or the procedure employed to attach the veneers to the teeth. Each treatment can have a different cost depending on the patient because everybody’s requirements are not the same. Also, the price of this cosmetic dentistry treatment varies due to the experience of the dentist or the location of the dental clinic where the treatment is done.
If you want to have a better reference of how much a dental veneer treatment can cost you, visit your dentist. After a dental checkup, the professional would tell you the price of your treatment according to your requirements.
Should I get dental veneers to correct my teeth?
Before you decide to use this cosmetic dentistry treatment to improve your smile there are certain aspects to consider.
The first one is that that is a permanent treatment and once the dentist applies it there’s no turning back, so you must be very sure of the decision you’re taking.
The second aspect and the decisive one is the opinion of your dentist. After a checkup, a professional would determine if you are eligible to receive this treatment or if there is another one more appropriate according to your conditions.