The foods you include in your diet plays a major role in the overall health of your teeth and gums. Eating a balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can help to keep your teeth strong and your gums healthy. Today at Dental del Rio we will tell you about our top picks so you can have a healthy diet that improve your teeth and gums.
Before I start let me remind you that we count with more articles here. All about dental health and dental treatment, we work very hard in these articles. So if you wish to help more people to learn about this and find affordable dental treatment in Los Algodones. Share this article with friends and family to help us grow and reach those people. But for now, let us continue with today’s topic.
Here are our choice for best foods for your teeth
Here is a short list of what we consider to be the best foods you can ingest daily for healthy teeth. Keep in mind there are more and be moderate. Remember that everything in excess is bad.
- Dairy products: Dairy products are a good source of calcium, which is essential for strong teeth. Milk, cheese, and yogurt are all good choices.
- Crunchy fruits and vegetables: Crunchy fruits and vegetables, such as apples, carrots, and celery, can help to clean your teeth and remove plaque. They also help to stimulate saliva production, which helps to wash away food particles and bacteria.
- Leafy greens: Leafy greens, such as spinach, kale, and collard greens, are a good source of vitamins A and C, both of which are important for healthy teeth and gums.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are a good source of protein and healthy fats. They also help to clean your teeth and stimulate saliva production.
- Green tea: Green tea contains catechins, which have been shown to have antibacterial properties. Drinking green tea can help to reduce the risk of gum disease.
In addition to eating these healthy foods, it is also important to brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day. You should also visit your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings. For that last point we suggest making an appointment with Dental del Rio in Los Algodones, Mexico. We are located about 10 miles from Yuma, Arizona and we are one of the ebst dental clinic in town.
How to make an appointment at Dental del Rio
Making a dental appointment at Dental del Rio is really easy. You can use the contact form above so our patient coordinator can send you an email. Also you can call or send a SMS to the phone number you see above to contact us. The process is really quick and simple and you can schedule an appointment as soon as possible. We also can help you to find accomodation and other services.
Especially this time of the year that we are still in summer so there are a lot of thigs to do around time. We hope to hear from you soon and make your experience as comfortable as possible in Mexico. So remember to tell our patient coordination all the info you can so they can help you with your requests.
Tips for maintaining good oral health:
- Avoid sugary drinks and snacks.
- Limit your intake of acidic foods and drinks.
- Don’t smoke.
- Get enough fluoride.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your teeth and gums healthy for a lifetime. Daily dental hygine is necessary to have a beautiful health smile. It is important to keep in mind that moderation is key, also staying away from bad habits. Most of our patients can practice a goode dental hygiene routine but they lack discipline to avoid bad habits like alcohol and smoking. Another bad habit is consuming lots of sugar, which is pretty bad for our teeth as stated above.
Try to drink enough water to keep you mouth well hydrated as saliva is important for dental health too. It helps to protect and clean your teeth so try to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Keep brushing your teeth daily followed by dental floss and rinsing with mouthwash and you will be golden. For more dental helath tip consult your dentist and read our blog.
Some additional details about the benefits of each type of foods for teeth health
- Dairy products: Calcium is the main mineral that makes up your teeth. It helps to keep your teeth strong and resistant to decay. Dairy products also contain phosphorus, which works with calcium to build strong teeth.
- Crunchy fruits and vegetables: The act of chewing crunchy foods helps to remove plaque from your teeth. Plaque is a sticky film of bacteria that can cause tooth decay and gum disease.
- Leafy greens: Vitamin C is an important nutrient for gum health. It helps to keep your gums strong and healthy.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are a good source of protein, which is essential for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. They also contain healthy fats, which can help to protect your teeth from decay.
- Green tea: The catechins in green tea have been shown to have antibacterial properties. This means that they can help to kill the bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease.
By eating these healthy foods and following good oral hygiene habits, you can help to keep your teeth and gums healthy for a lifetime. Also remember your yearly checkups and cleaning at your dentist to maintain that good dental helath. Here at Dental del Rio you will be treated just like home, we ensure you top quality dental and amazing prices!
hope you enjoyed and learned a lot. Leave any question or contact us and we will be more than glad to help you. Our team of patient coordinators are bilingual and trained to bring you the best service possible. See you next week with a new article, until then, take care!